At Merdinian, the safety and well-being of our students is our top priority. We understand the importance of being prepared for any potential emergency situation that may arise. By sharing this information with you, we aim to inspire confidence in our school's preparedness measures, ensure smooth operations during a real emergency, and fulfill our legal obligation to account for and protect your children.
- Emergency Response Team: We have a dedicated team of faculty and staff members who are trained in emergency response protocols. They are responsible for coordinating and implementing emergency procedures in the event of a crisis.
- Emergency Communication: In the event of an emergency, we have established multiple communication channels to keep you informed. We will utilize our school website, email, and text messages to provide timely updates and instructions.
- Evacuation Plans: Our school has well-defined evacuation plans for various emergency scenarios. These plans include designated areas, evacuation routes, and procedures for accounting for all students and faculty/staff members.
- Lockdown Procedures: In the event of a threat inside or near the school premises, we have established lockdown procedures to ensure the safety of everyone. These procedures involve securing classrooms, minimizing movement, and following instructions from faculty/staff members.
- Emergency Drills: Throughout the school year, we conduct regular emergency drills to familiarize students and faculty/staff with the appropriate actions to take in different emergency situations. These drills help us identify areas for improvement and ensure that everyone is prepared.
We understand that emergencies can be unsettling, but please be assured that we have taken every precaution to create a safe and secure environment for your children.